Welcome to C++ RTMP Server.
(This project is known by the name crtmpserver or rtmpd)
The commercial version of C++ RTMP Server is Evostream Media Server. For more information and to submit a sales inquiry, please visit www.evostream.com
Fundamental questions about crtmpserver
1. What is crtmpserver?
crtmpserver it is a high performance streaming server able to stream (live or recorded) in the following technologies:
- To and from Flash (RTMP,RTMPE, RTMPS, RTMPT, RTMPTE)
- To and from embedded devices: Android, IP cameras, Hardware encoders
- From iOS devices
- IP-TV using MPEG-TS and RTSP/RTCP/RTP protocols
Also, crtmpserver can be used as a high performance rendes-vous server. For example, it enables you to do:
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online gaming
- Online collaboration
- Simple/complex chat applications
2. What do I need to run crtmpserver?
Architectures supported: x86, amd64, PPC, ARM, MIPS
You need a main-stream operating system like:
- BSD-like system: FreeBSD or Mac OS X
- Any linux-based distribution
- uCLinux (for embedded devices)
3. How is this project different from others?
- It knows how to bridge many main-stream technologies (Adobe flash, Apple streaming, Silverlight, etc)
- High performance, which enables handling thousands of simultaneous connections.
- Light on resource usage
- Is native. That means you don't have to run it inside a "virtual machine": java, .NET, etc
- Highly portable. Where GCC goes, crtmpserver will definitely run: IP cameras, Android, ARM or MIPS based systems, SoC, etc
- Minimal dependencies: lua and openssl
4. How is this going to help me?
- As the motto in the page headers states, is "bridging" technologies. Thus, less work for you for porting existing media content from one technology to another